Monday, June 7, 2010

New Project - Chapter Decided

Just a quick one today. I finally decided to throw a bunch of my models I wasn't using into an army so I would have something different to paint. Pics soon

This is a 2000 point Hawk Lords army details below. I have gone for a few cool looking options over what is best value for points etc.

HQ
Captain - Jump Pack, Relic Blade, Power Fist
Chaplain - Jump Pack

Elites
Dreadnought - Twin Linked Las Cannon, CCW, Storm Bolter
Dreadnought - Multi Melta, CCW, Heavy Flamer

Troops
10 Tactical Marines - Power Weapon, Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
10 Tactical Marines - Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon
5 Scouts - Sgt w/ Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, 3 x Snipers, 1 Heavy Bolter
5 Scouts - Sgt w/Power Fist and bolt pistol, 4 x Bolt Guns

Fast Attack
5 Vanguard - Sgt w/Relic Blade, 2 x Power fists
10 Assault Marines - Sgt w/Power fist, 2 x Plasma Pistols
6 Bikers - Power Fist, 2 x Melta Guns

Heavy Support
5 x Devastators - 4 x Missile Launchers

The aim is to sell off this army once its done. So far I have finished 5 Vanguard, the captain, 6 Bikers, 5 Scouts and a dreadnought. Hoping to take some time off work, get a 5 day weekend and use that time to finish it off.

So 2 Questions
- Would you ever buy a second hand, complete army?
- What would you expect to pay for a decently painted army like the one described?


1 comment:

  1. I have bought a complete painted Troll Blood force for Hordes. It was a pretty good deal mind you, saving me about 25% off retail when all was said and done. So obviously thats not the best example for pricing.

    That being said. It felt good to receive such a large force and having it completely painted and based. There are a few touch ups to do as it was played with for quite some time but thats beside the point. The rank and file were on my high standard and I would need some practice to match the characters. Overall they were 6/7 out of 10, advertised as 8, The bases were done well, complimented by the lipped bases Hordes uses.

    I enjoying the modeling aspect of the hobby and grudengly paint my marines. But knowing that I will never have to paint or buy anymore troll bloods while fielding a diverse and well painted army, there is a nice feeling of completion to it. It's a fully painted army sitting on a shelf, not a pile of boxes and blisters that competes for time.

    Sorry to ramble but it was my first time buying something 'Complete' and 'fully-painted' as you intend to sell and I had a good experience.

    I would take your 2000 point list and see what sort of smaller lists and variations you can make. The more viable options you have may increase the army's appeal.

    ReplyDelete