Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
This week was a test for Lords of Terra. I was playing my tournament list against a friends Black Templar list for the same event.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
You will have seen this at other sites but here are my 3 picks for each from the Marine dex. I may cop some flack for a few of these, feel free to comment
- Tactical Marines - I have, at times, run 60 of these in lists ranging between 1200-2000 points, I usually struggle with putting less that 30 in any list.
- Dreadnoughts - Same with as the Tac's. I have run 6 of these at 1000 points before. Can't get enough of them
- Librarians - Best value for money HQ out there. I've tried pedro, Sicarus, Marneus, Chaplains, Captains and Masters of the Forge, but every time I keep coming back to Librarian with gate and Avenger.
- Vanguard - To pricy, one trick units that need to be set up with drop pods or scout bikes so they dont scatter.
- Assault Marines - Unless your against guard, tau, maybe eldar they spend the game avoiding combat.
- Cato Sicarus - Tried to like him, Tried him out in appoc with 60 marines. Over priced, under powered and a waste of points.
- Bikers - Great unit that’s wrecked by the purchase price.
- Telion - Great idea. But scout snipers aren't effective enough to make it worth while. You can almost guarantee 2 hits, 1 wound, which you can allocate and most likely they then get a save.
- Spear of Sicarus - A complete appoc army in a box. With little armour. which saves little to no money depending on where you buy the units, full of assault marines (see above). Maybe if it was cheaper and you could split it with 2-4 friends this would be viable.
I'm having next week of work so I should be able to get some picks up of the army as I progress to tournament ready status. Currently
Librarian - Painted, based, needs touch ups, chapter symbol, varnish
Tactical Squad 1 - Repairs needed, Squad marking, chapter symbol, Sgt needs to be finished, based.
Rhino 1- Finish storm bolter turret
Tactical Squad 2 - Repairs needed, Squad marking, chapter symbol, Sgt needs to be finished
Rhino 2- Finish storm bolter turret
Tactical Squad 3 - Repairs needed, Squad marking, chapter symbol.
Rhino 3- Find doors, turret
Scouts - Painted. Need to base.
Sternguard - Base coat and under coat done on most.
Drop pod - Under coated.
Dreds - touch up the paint, varnish, chapter symbols.
Vindicators - Started painting 1, both need plenty of work
Whirlwind - repaint missile turret, chapter symbols. Varnish.
Side Project - War Hound Titan
- Body finished, Weapons Attached, Needs legs, cowling. (Pics soon)