Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PROJECT UPDATE - Where am I going from here



RED SKULLS CHAPTER
I have reached the decision to close off this project later this year. I have a large army but I'm not entirely happy with some of the painting and modeling. Ideally I would like to sell the army and then rebuild a smaller force with more customization and theme to it.

This army includes some of the first models I ever painted and although it has been fun I have learned a lot since I started and would really like to put together a first rate marine army.

Here is a brief list of whats up for grabs. I'm probably looking to sell mid-late this year. Ideally I would like to sell in large batches. E-mail me for detailed list

Marneus Calgar
3 Captains
4 Honour Guard
Command Squad
Lemartes
2 Chaplains
2 Librarians
60 Tactical Marines
20 Devestator Marines
20 Assault Marines
10 Scouts
3 Scout Bikes
10 Stern Guard
15 Terminators
6 Dreadnoughts
2 Vindicators
1 Predator
1 Land Raider
1 Whirl Wind
1 Thunder Fire Cannon w/ Tech Marine
2 Rhinos
1 Drop Pod
All will be painted, squad marked, based and have weapon options.
What I can't sell I'll probably strip and re-use. E-mail me for details if interested



SPACE WOLVES
Soon to become my goto army. I am a huge fan of tactical marines. Grey hunters are cheaper, have more attacks, 2 special weapons and have wolf standards. Hoping to get them running for Lords of Terra.

I have finished 1 Wolf Guard. I have a land raider, 50 Grey hunters, 2 dreadnoughts, 1 wolf Guard, 2 drop pods and a Predator nearing completion. I have another 8 wolf guard, a mess of characters, some swift claws and some wolf scouts in the works. I will need some transports to make it work, 2 razorback/rhinos should do it.

I'll probably sell this army as well once its done.
IMPERIAL GUARD
This will work, But I need to spend about $300-$400 on some valks and tanks to get it where I want it.

RED SKULLS THE FALL TO KHORNE
I have 24 Khorn Berzerkers, some Terminators, Kharne and a daemon prince. I still need some transport, a Blood thirster, some chaos marines or havoks, transports, maybe fire support and maybe some raptors. Probably be my 2011 Army

SIDE PROJECTS AND THINGS TO COME
Blood Angels - I may keep some marines a side ready for this release. I am not a fan of assault marines but I'll see what its like. I'm definitely not selling all my red marines before I see a physical copy of this dex.

Black Templars - I love the look and fell of this army, And they have some great content in their dex such as their Terminators. The conversion options are great. This is something I would love to do and I have started putting models aside for it but at present there are to many other things that require my attention. There is a rumor that Either this army or Dark Angels is coming late 2010 or Early 2011 that would definitely be a deciding factor

Dark Angels - Again I love the modeling and conversion possibilities. However the current des is sub par. If they get a new dex its something I will definitely look at.

Orks - The Blazing Skulls - Sneaky, pyromaniac orks, jungle bases, endless conversion and kit bashing potential. This is an army that I would really love to do. Its now looking like a late 2011, early 2012 project.

Final Notes
I find the most enjoyable aspect of this hobby for me is the assembly and painting. I love sitting down with a codex and planning out an army. So this is what I'm going to keep doing, Buying an army, assemble it, paint it, keep the core army (2000 points max) sell the rest and move onto the next one.

With my marines I know that I can make almost any army I would run with 2 Captains, 1 Librarian, 10 Stern Guard, 2 Dreadnoughts, 40Tactical Marines, 5 scouts, 4 Razor Backs, 2 predators, 1 thunder Fire cannon, 1 drop pod (Suggest a chapter that would fit, really I'm trying to work it out).

So I'd like to find something else to do with the rest. At the moment I'm re tasking but selling is an option aswell. I'm hoping to get to this point with all my armies.

No comments:

Post a Comment