Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Projects - The Whys

At the moment I'm building Iron Hands, White Scars, Salamanders, Crimson Fists, Ultra Marines, Raven Guard, Raptors, Fire Hawks, Blood Angles, Dark Angles, Space Wolves, Death Guard and Cadians 

So why all the armies. 

Space Wolves
The only army I have done consistently well with. This is my favorite army, I love the models, I love the fluff and the play style. Rune Priests and Wolf lords are among the best HQ's in the game, Grey Hunters are excelent troops that can either out shoot or out fight anything except Grey Knights Against Grey Knights your are relying on your heavy support and terminators to do the damage. 

Their Heavy Support has cheap Vindicators and Long Fangs. They are let down a little in 6th Ed with wolf scouts no longer being able to assault from reserve, and Wolf Cav are highly over rated. but they are still a solid army and not something that you see in abundance

What I Run
Rune Priest
Wolf Guard
Lots of Grey Hunters with transport
Long Fangs


Hawk Lords - White Scars/Dark Angels
This is my fast army. This is what I take when I want the games over as quick as possible or when I don't want to carry a heap of modeles. Most people already know that bikes are fantastic in 6th ed. and Khan and the White Scar Chapter Tactics make this army very competitive. 

I run Dark Angels stuff as a bit of fun. Belial, Sammy, Azreal. Its a little bit harder. Your Bike squads are worse and you have worse air support. I'm looking to add to this over time. 

What I Run
Kharn
3 Squads of Bikes
2 Storm Talons
2 Mortis Contemptor Pattern Dreadnoughts
+ Filler (Tactical Marines, Vindicator)


Raptors - Ultra Marines/Raptors/Raven Guard
This is an old army that's been moved around dropped, broken, cannibalized, repaired., etc. I paited the army 4 years ago for a 2K tournament. Since then its had a lot of changes. I even ran it as space wolves for a while. d

Contemplating a repaint and selling the worst models. Ultras are in there for the Tactical Spam+Tigerius. Raptors are in there for their special character. Raven Guard because why the hell not. This is my marine horde army lots of bodies, bit of movement but mainly a gun line force

What I Run
Lias Issadon
Tigerius
Chapter Master
20 Stern Guard
Terminators
30-50 Tactical Marines 
3 Rhinos
Scounts in a Storm
Storm Talon
2 Thunder Fire Cannons
Devestators

Molten Eagles - Blood Angels/Fire Hawks
This is a fun army. Its fast but should do well in a comp environment. It lacks subtlety its a tidal wave that runs straight at you and hopes for the best. 

What I run
Captain/Chapter Master
Librarian
Honour Guard
20 Assault Marines 
Death Company
Storm Raven

Imperial Fists/Crimson Fists/Salamanders
This is my latest work in progress. Stern Guard, dreadnought, Tactical Marines in a drop pods backed up by scouts and thunder fire cannons. Still have not started this army yet. Not sure how to paint it.
I already have a Blue/Grey,  red/orange,  Green/brown, purple and gold and white and green armies

Leaves Yellow and black which could work nicely. Need some different should pads than imperial fist so that I can use it for what ever chapter I feel like

Current Models
Pedro
Vulkan
Stern guard
Tactical Marines
5 Drop Pods
Thunder Fire Cannon
Devestators
Scouts
Dreadnought

Cadians
Allies for everyone guard  is great for filling gaps - need more bodies take a Blob, Need more tanks, artillery, air support, then guard has an answer for everything

What I Run
Psykers,
Yarrik
Blobs
Vets
Vendettas
Collossus Mortar



Nurgle
This started as a painting exercise for my first 6th ed tournament. I build an army that managed 6 draws out of 8 games. This is an anti attrition army. I'd like to mix some guard in for the real trench warfare feel.

What I Run
Nurgle Lord
4 x 7 plauge Marines
Oblits
Forge Fiends
1 Hell Drake
Bikes
Terminators





No comments:

Post a Comment