Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednessday Top 10 - Codex: Space Marine Units

1. Dreadnoughts - I love dreadnoughts, I own 8. I generally prefer them in a tank sniper (Las/missile) or Dakka (2 x twin autocannons) but in the next tourney I will be running them in cheap assault configurations with claws and multi meltas. What ever your need there is a dreadnought for it from Anti armour, MC, infantry its all there at a really low price.

2. Predators - another cheap source of heavy fire power. 95 points for 10 shots at BS4 with average ST 5.

3. Thunder Fire Cannon - I know People disagree with me on this one. I love them. Due to the different Ammo and long range it is never a useless unit. Air burst is the bane of gaunts and Orks, Standard rips marines to shreds, tremor is great for bikers, vehicle squads and jump infantry, Remember it only needs to hit.

4. Stern Guard - I am currently running a drop pod assault group of these (10 man, Power Fist, Melta gun, 2 x combi Melta, Heavy Flamer) that works well for me. I am hoping to get a second fluffier squad together with Power Fist, 2 x heavy bolters, 3 x combi plasma as a defensive unit.

5. Master of the Forge - Great idea. Tech Marine HQ. 6 dreads, conversion beamer, awesome

6. Scouts - Cheap, nasty, sneaky, 100 point infiltrating power fist, 85 point hell fire shell.

7. Libarian - Cheap HQ, powerful, my HQ of choice. Give terminator armor and a storm shield for bigger games.

8. Vindicator - A Demolisher. 50 points cheaper than guard get it. Str10 AP 2 Large Blast. Simply amazing if left to run free

9. Devestators - I love devestators. 5 man squads in games of 1250 or under, 10 man squads in 1750 or higher. 4 heavy weapons, a signum(DON"T FORGET THE SIGNUM), 6 bullet catchers

10. Tactical Marines - I cannon express the awesomeness of well used tactical marines in writing. It is something that needs to be experienced. 40-60 marines working together can take down just about any army.





No comments:

Post a Comment