Friday, August 7, 2009

Battle Report Vs Gaurd - 1200 Points

My Army
- Librarian - Gate of infinity and Avenger
- 60 Tactical Marines (2 x Plasma gun, Plasma cannon, 2 x Plasma Gun Las Cannon, 2 x Melta, Multi Melta)

His Army
- 2 Infantry platoons - 1 w/ comand squad, 20 gaurds men, 2 auto Cannons, 1 missile launcher
2nd w/ 2 heavy weapons teams (3 Las cannons, 3 Heavy Bolters) 2 x 10 man guard squads
- Chimera
- Leman Rus Battle tank
- Leman Rus Demolisher
- Vendetta.

Mission - 3 objectives (one in the table centre, 1 central in each players deployment zone, Pitched Battle.

Deployment
My oponent combined his first platton and placed his 31 man blob on his objective making sure to place half his men in cover.

He the made out each flank the same Tank nearest the centre, Then heavy weapons team, then infantry squad. HIs squad on my right flank was in the chimera, the vendetta is out flanking.

I combat squaded and then deployed at the front of my deployment zone . Making sure that the multi meltas were a farforward as possible, one in front of each tank. The lascannons were deployed further back with good lines of site, The plasma cannons where deployed on my objective and took advantage of a clear line of sie to me opponents objective. 2 melta and 1 plasma squad on my left flank, 3 plasma squads on the right with the librarian.

My plan was simple. my multi melta and las cannon squads are with in dashing distance of the centre objective. Move up the flanks to take out the heavy weapons teams and tanks covering the center objective, Try and cause a moral check on the squad holding his objective.

I'll spare you the turn by turn recap, Long story short I managed to hit both flanks and force my oponent to deal with the 6 attacking squads. There was a clear possibility of me assaulting his objective or at least avengering it so he need to turn his fire power towards holding his own objective rather than attempting to take either of the other 2.

Turn 5 I made my dash, and just made it to the objective.

Highlights
- The valkery getting shot down before it could fire a shot
- the new guard order system is great. First rank fire, second rank fire on a combined platoon mowed down a squad of marines, Fire on my Target on a heavy weapons squad was devestating.
- the guard killing 36 of the 61 marines fieled
- Indestructable tanks. The chimera and Vendetta took only 1 or 2 shots, The tank however were a lot harder.

The result
- Marines win 2 Vs 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment