Monday, August 10, 2009

League List, Final Round, List ideas.

As of sunday I am officialy leading my local league with one game to play. Unfortunately my fellow league member ben is 3 points behind me with 3 games to play.

It Is very likely I will come up against him for the last game so I've decided to try and tech against his nids. Here is what I expect from him

Hive Tyrant
2 squads ofWarriors
Gaunts
at least 2 carnifexes
Maybe a zoanthrope

When facing nids I find its more about focussing a high number of shots than anything else. Some units jump to mind

- Captain w/ hell fire rounds
- Sniper/Heavy bolter scouts
- Dakka predator
- Stern Guard
- Assault Cannon, Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy flamer

My aim will be to try and create a funnel, Take out the big ones first then press the advantage

Heres what I thinking for the list

HQ
Captain - Hell Fire Rounds

Elites
Stern Guard - 10 man, Heavy Flamer, 2 x Combi Plasma, Drop Pod
Stern Guard - 5 Man, Razor Back
Drednought - Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Troops
Tactical Squad - sgt W/ bolter, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino
Tactical Squad - sgt W/ bolter, Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino


Heavy Support
Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy bolter sponsons


Pro's
- Potential 93 shots a turn
- 15 models that can fire hell fire rounds

Cons
- Nothing over str 8'
- Lacking in anti armour
- Lacking in AP 1 an 2 weapons

I may still tweak this, I'll let you all know how it goes friday, This is a solid list that should also get me a strong comp score, I'm looking for max points here.

No comments:

Post a Comment