Monday, August 31, 2009

Gone in 2 turns

Appoc Weekend has come and gone.

The run down of my latest appoc experience is as follows

3 Boards were used, longest edges pushed together. 2 players on the out side board, 1 objective and "King of the Hill" in the center.

I made some assumptions
1 - I would be attacking the center mass of tanks early
2 - My team mate would field something on the first turn
3 - There would be plenty of disruptor beacons
None of which happened.

The king of the hill took flank march and kept all of his forces except 2 chimera's and a rhino off the table. My team mate took a tau formation meaning everything came on from reserve, 1 disruptor beacon on the opposite side of the table

I deployed on my short edge, Ready to charge the center, Then a team of Tau and Guard set up with all guns facing me, Then an eldar, chaos, nids army set up on the other adjacent corner on the far side of the table.

Turn 1. due to incomprehensible scatters and a ludicrously good number of cover saves the tau player got away nearly completely unscathed. He then attacked me, I proceeded to fail every save I had. Then a titan from the opposite side of the table fired on me. Then I got outflanked by 4 super heavies and sever Leman Rus's

Turn 2. My remnants Did some minor damage, Assault marines took out a leman rus, Terminators mowed some guard down, My team mate hit the board and did minor damage.
I was then wiped down to about 5 marines. At which point. Since I'd been playing for 6 hours at that time I called it quits, go home and do some painting.

Results are still coming in. I'll let you know when I have them

Project Update
MOAB is looking like a distinct possibility. This is 11 games of 1250 over 3 days down on the NSW south coast a few hours from where I live.

First thoughts run to cheese
HQ
Librarian - Gate of Infinity, Avenger

Troops
Scouts - 5 Man, Snipers,
Scouts - 5 Man, Bolters

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Squad - 3 Land Speeders all with Heavy bolters
Land Speeder Squad - 3 Land Speeders all with Heavy Flamers
Land Speeder Squad - 3 Land Speeders all with Multi Meltas

Elites
Drednought - Multi Melta, CCW, Storm Bolter
Drednought - Multi Melta, CCW, Storm Bolter
Drednought - Multi Melta, CCW, Storm Bolter

Heavy Support
Predator - Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Predator
Predator

And that is how you cram 15 pieces of armor into 1250.

Now on a more realisic note. Here is a more likely list

HQ
Librarian - Avenger, Gate of Infinity

Troops
Tactical Squad - Plasma Pistol, Plasma gun, Multi Melta, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon

Elites
Dreadnought - Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer
Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, CCW, Storm Bolter

Heavy Support
Thunder Fire Cannon
Vindicator
Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

I may get beaten down on comp but hopefully battle will make up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment