Friday, January 8, 2010

Gosford Shield Army List - 1250 - In Detail

Well there it is. Unfortunately recent rain has meant I haven't been able to open the garage door when taking photos.

Red Skulls Chapter - Light Infantry Force

HQ
Librarian - Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Avenger, Gate of Infinity - The best value for points HQ. A little fragile at times. Avenger should add to the horde control while Gate will allow a little more mobility

TROOPS
Tactical Squad - sgt w/Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Flamer, Heavy Bolter
Rhino

Tactical Squad - sgt w/Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Flamer, Heavy Bolter
Rhino

Tactical Squad - sgt w/Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Flamer, Missile Launcher

Tactical Squad - sgt w/Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, Flamer, Missile Launcher

I love tactical squads. Deadly, Flexible, tough as nails. I've found that plasma and melta do little unless used in bulk and even then its questionable. I also noticed that I had trouble against Orks at Coastal Assault so I'm hoping the 4 flamers will make a difference.

ELITES
Dreadnought - Multimelta, CCW, Storm Bolter

Dreadnought - Multimelta, CCW, Heavy Flamer

I love Dreads. I own 8. It is hard for me to create a list with out at least 2. Mobile heavy weapons in a sturdy package with a @#$%-OFF CCW.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Storm Bolter - 10 Shot pill box, MC and horde control

Whirl Wind - I usually go with a thunder fire but decided to go for mobility and indirect fire over multiple ammo types

Also shown, Commisar Lord w/ Plasma Pistol and Power Fist for the Saving Private Ryan mission

No comments:

Post a Comment