Monday, January 11, 2010

PROJECT SPACEWOLVES REOPENED

As some of you may know this year is a busy one for me. Firstly I work in IT at a place that takes about an hour and a half to get to and I'm getting married in 5 weeks.

As far as the war dollies go this year I am aiming for
- at least 4 tournaments - Gosford Shield, BIV, MOB, Lords of Terra
- 3 Leagues - Going to have to skip Q1
- Finish Marines, SW, Guard, BA Armies and maybe try to start 40K Orks and WFB Empire. I May also try out what ever the fabled second marine release is.

My BIV army is finished. Kind of. I'm still debating a list change but think I have made up my mind, might need testing. My Gosford shield army is done. For my LOT army for July I have 5 termies, 2 Vinicators and a Land Raider to finish. MOAB is more than 7 months off.

1 Tournament I didn't see my self playing in is C4. Mainly because I had only heard of it recently. It just appeared on my local clubs message board as being in my home town, at a time I seem to be free. So I figured I might as well try to get some Space Wolves ready for it.

I had a long talk about the dex with our club leader Damien on Friday night over a few beers. I've been thinking that I am taking the wrong approach to the army. So I decided to think about it in relation to the Space Marines and Blood Angel Codex's which I am fairly familiar with and even the Black Templar, Chaos and Dark Angels Codex's which I am less familiar with.

The next consideration is that I have little money to make this work.

1500 Points Light Attack Force
HQ
Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Terminator, Chain Fist, Combi Plasma - 140 Points

Elites
Dreadnought - Twin Linked Auto Cannon, Heavy Flamer -125
Wolf Scouts -5 Man, Melta Gun - 85 Points
Wolf Guard
- Combi Melta, Power Fist - 43 Points
- Terminator, Combi Plasma, Chain Fist -53 Points
- Terminator, Combi Plasma, Chain Fist -53 Points
- Terminator, Combi Plasma, Chain Fist -53 Points
- Terminator, Power Weapon, Storm Bolter, Cyclone Missile Launcher -63 Points
Troops
Grey Hunters - 2 x Plasma Guns - 170 Points
Grey Hunters - 2 x Plasma Guns - 170 Points
Grey Hunters - 2 x Melta Guns, Power Fist - 185 Points
Drop Pod - 35
Grey Hunters - 2 x Melta Guns, Power Fist - 185 Points
Drop Pod - 35

Heavy Support
Predator - Auto Cannon, Las Cannon Sponsons - 105

No comments:

Post a Comment