Wednesday, January 13, 2010

High Lords of Terra - Early Thoughts


As some of you may know my 2nd place at coastal assault was enough to qualify me for the HLOT invitational. Most of the time when approaching a tournament I consider alot of things, composition score, players I know who are going, grudge matches, cost to build, time to paint.

Over the Christmas break I have managed to get well ahead on my painting. I also have no very little spare cash due to my impending nuptials and honeymoon. I know who is playing. The top 10% of Australia and New Zealand.

I have 3 options. Run the hardest list I can and try to surprise some veterans, Run something soft and fun or try to balance everything out.

The blurry picture above is my attempt at a hard marine list based on what I have on hand.

Armored Spearhead - 1750 Points
HQ
Librarian - Terminator, Storm Shield, Avenger, Null Zone

Troops
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Heavy Bolter
Rhino
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Heavy Bolter
Rhino
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Missile Launcher
Rhino

Elites
Dreadnought - Multimelta, CCW, Storm Bolter
Dreadnought - Multimelta, CCW, Heavy Flamer
5 x Assault Terminators - Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield
Land Raider

Heavy Support
Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Storm Bolter
Vindicator
Vinidcator


No comments:

Post a Comment