Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back From MOAB

Yes, I'm back after 3 days of gaming down in Sutherland with plenty of swag and a little fatigue
I'll try and recap what I can bellow, Unfortunately I lost my players pack where I made notes so this may be a little vague


I headed down on Friday after having to find some last minute accommodation with a couple of players from club in Orange including the guy I was playing a grudge match against on Saturday.

DAY 1

Game 1 - Nid's - Grudge Match
This was a fun game against my roomy for the weekend Shakey Lajtar. I remember taking down one of his hive tyrants turn 1 with my drop podding tactical squad and evaporating entire units of gaunts with my thunder fire.

Result - WIN

Game 2 - Also Nids
The mission was most scoring units in enemy deployment zone, pitched Battle. I went first and deployed in the center of the board with my vindicator, thunder fire and dreads bisecting the board through a gap in terrain. My oponent deployed on one side of the centre divide, He charged up one board edge, I charged up the other. Very little died but I managed a max points win due to having 7 scoring units.

Result - WIN

Game 3 - Deamon Hunters w/ space marine allies.
Unfortunately for my oponent a lucky avenger, thunder fire and vindicator in the first 2 turns reduced my opponents army to a hand full of figures, When my dreadnough assaulted and destroyed his land raider it was all over, At the end on the game he had 1 scout left.

Result - WIN

Game 4 - Nids
At the start of this game, I was placed 3rd. I new I was in for a challenge and was right, the game was against my friend and local store TO Damien. And yes like usual he put me in my place. winning 6 kill points to 3. The only reason I got a 3rd kill point was a lucky roll on my sniper scouts when they scored 3 rending hits on a Zonethrope.

DAY 2
This day I fought 4 marine armies, with a hang over. It all sort of blended into one.

Game 5 - Space Marines - Mechanicum Theme
This game was hard fought with big losses on both sides. I the end I was defeated in turn 7 by a squad of terminators.

Result - LOSS

Game 6 - Space Marines - Salamanders
I could not roll a 3+ for anything, To hit or for my armor save.

Result - LOSS

Game 7 - Space Marines - Drop Pod legion of the damned.
This was against another team mate - Brendan. My thunder fire dominated. I was also able to play defensively and mass bolter fire which served me well

Result - WIN

Game 8 - Mech Space Marines
This was a close match. Fortunately I had a few lucky breaks and claimed a close win.
Result - WIN

DAY 3

Game 9 - Tau
This was a close match. I had him at the end of my turn 5 however my opponent was able to bring the game back his way.

Result - Draw

Game 10 - Imperial Guard
This game I won through luck. The mission was 2 Primary and 5 minor objectives. These were all placed on one flank.

My scouts managed to assault and destroy my opponents only tank in turn 1. My opponent was using Al'rahem to out flank a platoon unfortunately, even with a re-roll my opponent ended up on the opposite side of the board where I managed to intercept his foot sloggers with a dreadnought.

Result - WIN

Game 11 - Tau
In this game my Assault cannon, Flamer dread, thunder fire cannon and Librarian wiped out my opponents fire warriors.

Result - WIN

TOTAL
Games 11
Wins - 7
Losses - 3
Draws - 1
Place - 13th from 50 Players.

A few unusual things
The only Ork player dropped out after day 1
1 chaos player
4 Daemon Players

SWAG

After picking up the space wolves dex looks like I will be making an army, 2000 points or so.
I worked out a deal with a vendor

4 x Space marine bikes (3 pack + 1 on spue out of box)
Predator
Dreadnought
Space wolves box
Scouts
Canis Wolf Born
Plus 40 free paint brushes for $240 AU

No comments:

Post a Comment