Friday, October 2, 2009

Round 5 VS Grey Knights

Pitched Battle, Kill Points, 1250 points

Due to some the time I got there last night I ended up playing the grey knights destroyed in Round 3 for the second time. This time things did not go to plan.

I was of course testing out my MOAB army again. My oponent ran 2 x Grey Knight Terminators, A land raider crusader, a dreadnought a squad of grey knights, a captain, and a squad of inquisitorial storm troopers.

Turn 1

I won the roll and let my oponent go first. He formed in the center of his deployment zone with good cover.

I deployed directly opposite, Infiltrated my scouts on his flank.

1 squad of terminators charged my scouts. The grey knights climbed were deployed in the land raider. They other terminators moved into cover, the storm troopers moved to get out of my thunder fire cannons line of site. Over to me.

My drop pod came down, The tactical squad and librarian take out the storm troopers. First blood to me. My scouts kept peppering the terminators charging them down.

TURN 2
My opponents full fury turned on my Drop Pod squad. They shot and then assaulted the remainders killing the librarian and most of the squad.

The terminators continued thier march.

I did little A few maneuvers, a took some pot shots. My opponent managed to completely deny my thunder fire line of site. In assault my tactical squad failed and was killed.

TURN 3.
My opponent charged forward with his dread and land raider. His terminators met my scouts and butchered them. His other terminator squad took out my drop pod

My vindicator managed to take out my opponents land raider while my Assault cannon dread immobilized his dreadnought. His grey knights then passed no less than 15 armour saves not losing a single 1

Turn 4.

My opponent moved his grey knights into cover and out of the firing lines. My Assault cannon dread assaults his dreadnought and ends up getting destroyed.

Turn 5.

My opponent Hides. I try and maneuver but am not fast enough. The game end.

LOSS 4 VS 2.

Oh well. 2 games with the MOAB list both resulting in losses. It will be interesting to see how it performs at a tournament.





No comments:

Post a Comment