Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Top 5 From the Space Wolves Dex

I recently picked up the SW Dex as an impulse buy and then fell in love with a few of the units. These are the units that made me want to start an army

5. Wolf Guard - Awesome customizable infantry you can then break off and attach to units. After see the Terminator w/Cyclone Missiles attached to a long fangs squad I knew I had to try it.

4. Grey Hunters -Marines w/2 special weapons, and 2 attacks a piece. Chaos marines with out having to go chaosy

3. Wolf Scouts - 110 points for 5 w/melta bombs and a melta gun and BS 4

2. Long Fangs - 5 heavy weapons shooting at 2 targets that can take a commander in terminator armor w/ a cyclone missile launcher. I will hopefully soon be running 2 of these.

1. Bjorn the Fell Handed - As a noob I was new to the whole Dreadnought HQ idea. I hand to buy another dread bringing my total to 8 Dreadnoughts (What's the walker equivilent of a tread head? Dread Head?)

I will be trying the new dex out at 2000 points, and I'm still having trouble squeezing everything I want in. but at the moment the list is looking like

HQ
Bjorn the Fell Handed

ELITES
Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer
Wolf Guard
- Terminator, Cyclone Missile Launcher
- Terminator, 2 x Wolf Claws
- Terminator, 1 x Wolf Claw, Storm Boter
- Terminator, Power Weapon, Storm Bolter
- Terminator, Power Fist, Storm Bolter

TROOPS
10 Grey Hunters - Plasma Pistol, 2 x Plasma Guns, Power Fist
Drop Pod
10 x Grey Hunters - 2 x Plasma Guns
10 x Grey Hunters - 2 x Plasma Guns
15 x Blood Claws - Power Fist
15 x Blood Claws - Power Fist

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator - Twin Linked Lascannon, Sponson Las Cannons
6 x Long Fangs - 2 x Plasma Cannons, Heavy Bolter, 2 x Missile Launcher

Also kicking around I also have.
5 x Sky Claws
7 x Wolf Scouts
6 more Long Fangs
15 more Terminators
About 40 older plastic models I can turn into Something




No comments:

Post a Comment