Monday, October 12, 2009

Leauge Results- Note to Self, Gaurd are not Marines - Project Update

LEAGUE RESULT
It was a white wash. I made the mistake early on of playing Guard like I would marines.
Unfortunately guard don't have the defense. I was wiped out to the man. Unfortunately due to work I haven't had a chance to write a battle report.

Project Update
My coastal assault army is together, All under coated and base coated

I am liking the space wolves dex and I'm redistributing some under used models to them. so far I have got together

Canis Wolfborn - Love the figure, just has to buy it.
Bjorn the Fell Handed - Coverting a dreadnought
Rune Priest
Ragnar Blackmane
30 grey hunters
30 Blood Claws
15 Terminators
7 Wolf Scouts
1 Dreadnought - Assault cannon, Heavy Flamer
5 Sky Claws
12 Long Fangs
Predator
1 drop pod

After some colour testing I decided to go with Chaos Black Spay, Astromica Grey under coat, Space wolves grey base coat. I experimented with shadow grey and fortress grey but found the space wolves grey worked well with Iyander Darksun and mechrite red.

I have promised my self I wont rush this army I'll try to have fun with some white-grey-blue-green colors and snow basing. Plenty of dry bush effects.

Also my 634th Cadians have been reassigned to a wasteland planet to await reinforcements. I'll be changing this up a little, Lots of grey, brown, yellow earthy colors.

Hopefully soon I can get an assistant at work and have more time for photo's.

I'll be going for BoLS membership soon, once I feel things are up to scratch, Less writing about what I want to do and more doing it and taking pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment