Friday, July 10, 2009

Lords of Terra - 1750 Point Tournament















Since my list needs to be in by wednessday thought I'd throw it up. Its completely untested although elements have been. First a little back ground

Lords of Terra is run annually in North Sydney, NSW, Australia and is considered the biggest event of the year in the state. It consists of 2 tournaments run at the same time. High Lords
for the top 10% of players in Australia and New Zealand and Aspirants, which is where I'll be slumming it, for anyone else. Its run July 25-26, 5 rounds

Scoring 50% Battle, 20% Composition, 15% Painting, 15% Sportsmanship.

What I expect - 50% Marines or MEQ, 20% Orks, the rest is hard to gauge.

The List

HQ
Librarian - Avenger, Gate of Infinity. Drop pods with Ster Guard turn 1 for a flame attack, waiting confirmation on if I can gate out of combat.

Troops.
Tactical Squad - Melta Gun, Multi Melta, Rhino
Tactical Squad - Melta Gun, Multi Melta, Rhino
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun, Multi Melta, Rhino

- I feel a little naked with only 30 marines and no power fists. But I'm hoping to avoid close combat. AP 1 weapons are incedible in 5th edition. Wreck on 4, 3 for open topped.

Scouts - 5 Sniper rifles.
- Origonally I had a sgt with power fist and shotgun with 4 ccw/bolt pistol scouts. The power fist seems unnessesary. I dont want them in close combat with infantry and krak grenades will take out most rear armour the fist would take care of. Sniper Rifles give range, I was thinking bolters, but even then I dont expect the scouts to kill anything. Keep them in reserve, outflank an objective or krak grenade a vehicle then settle in and take a few pot shots.

Elites
2 x Drednought- Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile launcher. - I call these my tank snipers. they seem farily obvious, wail on big targets from long range. Go for dreds and monstorous creatures, followed by transports and anti armour vehicles.

Stern Guard - Power fist, Heavy flamer, Melta gun, 2 x combi melta, Drop Pod. - Most people say you need 10 bolt shots from stern guard. I feel different. The heavy flamer can take out a troops choice and is deadly mixxed with avenger. The melta gun is assault and ap1 and hopefully can drop with in 6 inches. It forces my oponent to divert forces to take out a small unit. Which I can then move 24 inches using gate.


Heavy support - Pie plates
2 x Vindicators - Anti terminator, plauge marine, etc. Still one of the killiest units out there.
1 x Whirlwind - This is an ork, guard and eldar killer. 48 inch range plus indirect fire.

And now a shot of what I'm hoping to paint.

List gets put in tuesday. Any thoughts feel free to comment bellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment