Tuesday, July 28, 2009

LOT Results and List Analysis

Firstly full results can be found at http://www.lordsofterra.com/info.htm

I was playing in the Aspirants tournament and came in at 16th out of 35.

Battle
Points Scored - 49 ( 14 - 0 - 7 - 10 - 18)
Highest - 76 (Going to the only player I lost to)
Lowest - 16

Composition
Points Scored - 15 (Apparently due to my armour
Max possible - 25
Highest - 22 (to the Eldar army I played in round five run by my friend Spakka)
Lowest - 8 (Also Eldar, though this was a cheese list)

Sports
Points Scored - 19.5 - I'm a little disapointed in this. I do play to win but really enjoyed my games. But I did end up in the middle.
Max Possible - 25
Highest - 22.5
Lowest - 17.5

Painting
Points Scored - 18 (Still trying for pics.)
Highest - 28
Lowest - 1

TOTAL
Points Scored - 110.5
Highest - 155.9 (To the same eldar player that beet me)
Lowest - 69.5

Top 5
Eldar
Space Marines
Space Marines
Witch Hunters
Eldar

OTHER NOTES
- After receiving a 1 for compostion a player taking 7 valkeries failed to win a single game due to failing dangerous terain checks.
- The only Tua player managed only 1 win. Against Necrons.
- in the Open 16 players took MEQ armies with a good spread of others including 5 IG and 4 Eldar.


LIST ANALYSIS

HQ
Librarian - Did what it was supposed to. Droped, Avengered a squad in 4/5 games and then died horribly distracting my oponent from my fire base.

Troops
3 x Tactical Squads w/Rhinos - again did their job. The only thing of note was that I only fired 1, maybe 2, multimelta shots all tournament. I thik this was because in the ojective missions I was keeping them mobile, in kill point missions I was trying to get as many bolt guns into range as possible. I think thier lack of range was a major draw back.

Scouts - in game 1 I forgot about them. Forgot to bring them in from reserve at all so my opponent got the kill point for them. Game 2, died horribly, Game 3 out flanked in the middle of no where and did nothing. Game 4 Won the game for me. Infiltrated on an objective and held it all game. Game 5, Died horribly. I will still keep them because I do not feel the oponents or missions let me take full advantage of the unit.

Elites
2 x Drednoughts (twin linked Las cannon, missile launcher) - Game 1 killed a hive tyrant, a carifex and more. Game 2 killed before they could do much. Game 3 Killed a vindicator and caused chaos. Game 4, Killed a deamon prince, a drednought and several rhinos. Game 5 played standoff against rangers.

These two are incredible. when shooting at the same target they can bring down anything. They are a must have in a shooty list.

Sternguard - This unit did their job. But ultimately are too expensive for a suicide unit. I'm going to try swapping them for a basic Drednought and a Tactical squad with Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Multi Melta, and see how this does in thier place. The ussually got 1 round of shooting, THe heavy flamer was a nice touch but does not justify the expense.

Heavy Support
2 x Vindicators - Pure awesome. The ability to take out an entire unit of almost anything make up for the short range.

Whirlwind - This unit is like the scouts. Under performed but I'm not sure if that is because of bad luck or not. Game 1 it harrassed gaunts and did little else, Game 2 it died quickly, Game 3 and 4 it harrassed the enemy but did little. Game 5 it failed to hit anything. I specically brought it in to take out Scouts, rangers, orks etc. and then when it gets a chance to shine can't hit a thing.
______________________________

The next 1750 tournament is CanCon held on the Australia day long weekend (about 25th Jan) if I was going to change this list to take it here is what I would do

LIST ANALYSIS

HQ
Librarian - Cheap, efficient, effective

Troops
2 x Tactical Squads - Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino - Can't beat the classics.
1 x Tactical Squad - Plasma Pistol, Plasma Gun, Multi Melta, Drop Pod (Replaces SternGuard)
1 x Tactical Squad - Plasma Pistol, Melta Gun, Multi Melta, Drop Pod - Back up for the sternguard to deal with the land raider factor, being that the land raider is one of the few vehicles that can't be taken down to a plasma shot in the rear armour.

Scouts - 5 Snipers


Elites
2 x Drednoughts (twin linked Las cannon, missile launcher) - Tank snipers are a must have
1 x Drednought - Multimelta, CCW, Storm Bolter.

Heavy Support
2 x Vindicators - Pure awesome. The ability to take out an entire unit of almost anything make up for the short range.

Whirlwind

_______________

Benefits
- 1 more troop choice
- 1 extra piece of armour
- 1 Close Combat unit
- more flexible troops.

Any thoughts post a comment bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment