Monday, July 20, 2009

New Project - 634th Cadian Regiment + early Appoc





















As my LOT project draws to a close the only events my marines will be in are the local league and end of league Appoc I thought it might be a good time to start messing with my cadians.

so far I have 36 Lasgunners and 4 grenade launcher guys under coated, one command squad on sprue. As this is just going to be a fun army the next step is to get the army box. After this the army will stand at

1 Company Comand squad w/ master of the ordnance

6 Veteran squads - 3 with a heavy weapons

1 Storm trooper Squad (using regular cadians modded)

1 Sentinel.

This is about as much infantry as I want till I can be bothered to buy a second army box and build an infantry platoon.
Next step will be tanks and artillery to give my appoc army some punch. Then transports, second army box and Valks.


















Warhound assembly and Appoc unit painting has now taken the fore front. of my spare time. I have done some work on my Masters of the chapter but the warhound is still sitting on my work bench.

Appoc will feature a king of the hill match.

One central objective held by our resident tread head with 4 teams of 2 trying to take it while making sure the oposition doesn't get there.

Jamming beacons ussually feature heavily so deap striking is out. although I generally choose this asset I'm going to have to go for Schedualled bombardment at this stage. points haven't been set but I expect 2,500-3000

As for the list heres a rough idea, I need speed, anti tank and range.

Captain - Terminator, Lightning Claw, Chain Fist
5 - terminators, 2 chain Fists, Missile Launcher
Land Raider
655



7 Drednoughts
2 x Standard
1 x Salamander (Multimelta, heavy Flamer)
1 x Vengence (Plasma Cannon, CCW, Storm bolter)
1 x Ork Slayer (Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer)
2 x Tank Sniper (twin linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher)
865

2 x Vindicators
230

Warhound Titan - PLasma blast gun, Double barrelled turbo laser destructor
750

This brings me to 2,500.

for 3000 I'll probably add a redeamer w/multi melta & hunter killer, 5 terminators w/2 x Chainfist and missile Launcher

After once running an all infantry 3000 point list(Battle company + 30 stern guard and an extra Dev squad) I can say its better to have a few big units than lots of little ones. All though the mass horde can be fun it takes a long time to have your turn and as about 146 infantry firing 200 or so shots a turn can get rather tidious for the other players.

No comments:

Post a Comment