Thursday, July 16, 2009

League Round 5 Result


This week was a test for Lords of Terra. I was playing my tournament list against a friends Black Templar list for the same event.

Mine has been posted several times, his was 3 x 5 man terminator squads, each with 2 assault cannons, and 3 marine squads with neophytes armed with shot guns and a melta gun in each. A marshal, castellan and emporers champion.

All foot slogging at me.


We rolled for mission and deployment, Dawn of War with 4 objectives. I won the roll and let him go first, He deployed two marine squads near objectives in his left corner. I elected to keep everything in reserve.

Turn 1

The rest of his army moved on, one troop moved towards an objective, one moved away from the front lines back to create a strong point in his back left corner.

My drop pod came in and scattered onto one objective between 2 of his marine squads Vindicators up the middile, Whirlmind and rhinos to thier right, 3 combat squads of 4 marines and a multi melta charged for objectives

The the librarian and 5 stern Guard, one with a melta gun fired in to one troop and cause massive losses thanks to the librarians Avenger. the other squad with the heavy flamer also caused several kills.

The marine squad with the champoint fail moral and run towards the board edge, the other passes and charges towards the sternguard.

0 Vs 0

Turn 2

His champions marine squad could not reroup and ran off the board. the castelans marine squad and a terminator squad charged the sternguard and librarian wiping them out. his other 2 terminator squads charge forward while a marine squad makes for the central objective.

My marines move towards the objectives on my left and right corners. the vindicators fire on the terminators and inflict a few causulties, the wirlwind fires indirectly at a remaining enemy troop choice. The dreds also open up on the terminators.


1 Vs 1

Turn 3

his marines consolidate his two objectives, the terminator charged forward. The assault cannons take the cannon off one of my vindicators and take out 3 of the 5 marines on the objective in my right hand corner.

On the left flank my squad moves into secure the objective. A rhino charges down the right flank, 2 others charge the middle. whirlwind misses its shot. vindicators, dreds open up and take out a terminator squad out.

2 VS 2

Turn 4

The terminators charge my lines, his marines move into better positions on the objectives.

My scouts out flank on the right near the objective in his corner where the drop pod landed. The Rhino moves up to support them. The wounded vinicator tank shocks the terminators and is imobalised. The second squas is taken to 2 men. the vinidicator opens upon the marines holding the central objective but scatters.

2 VS 2

Turn 5.

His marines wipe one of my squads off an objective. My wounded vindicator is taken out. along with a drednought.

I manage to wipe his troops the objective in his right corner and move towards it. 1 rhino moves back to retake the objcetive in my right corner. Another moves in for the central objective and rapid fires the squad. After a mess of fire they are down to 1 marine that passes his moral check.

1 Vs 1

Turn 6
He quickly wipes my marines off the central objective with a terminator squad. I return fire and wipe his 1 marine off the same.

Exocists 1 Vs Black Templars 0

We rell for turn 7 and the game ends. after all that
His remaining units
Marshal
Castellan
Terminator squad

Mine
4 x 5 man combat squads of marines
scout squad
1 dred
1 whirlwind
1 vindicator


He managed to create a strong point holding 2 of the 4 objectives early on with good cover that prevented me for shooting as much as I'd like. I had to shoot what was available and not as able to focus fire. If anything moved close his terminators could assault it and wipe it out.

My mobility and range gave me an edge that allowed my to kill all his troops. Even though the sternguard and librarian only took out 300 points of units due to a failed moral check they are still worth the 435 points because it tied my oponent up for a turn and allowed me to get into position and controll the game.

I probably should have deployed a tatical squad in the deployment and moved thier rhino on by itself later in the game.

Things I liked
- Whirlwind. Even when I think it will be useless it still helps. str 5, Ap 4, 48" indirect.
- Black templar terminators with 2 assault cannons.

No comments:

Post a Comment