Thursday, July 9, 2009

League - Round 4 Vs Orks -Results

1200 Points
Composition mark 4/5
Battle Points 30/35
Opponent - Orks
- 2 Trucks w/Boys
- 1 Battle Wagon with Nobs and Warboss
- 1 Battle Wagon wist Mega Nobs

My List
Captain - Relic Blade, Plasma Pistol
Tactical Squad - Power weapon, plasma pistol, plasma gun, multi melta
Rhino
Tactical Squad - Power Fist, plasma gun, multi melta
Rhino
Tactical Squad - Power Fist, Melta gun, multi melta
Rhino
Scouts - 5 x Sniper Rifles
Drednought - Twin linked lascannon, missile Launcher
Vindicator

5 Objectives, Standard deployment.

My oponent won the roll and set up his forces. Trucks on one flank, Battle wagons on the other ready to hit me where ever I set up. I combat squaded the Tactical squads. 4 of the 6 objectives where on the left flank so I deployed a blob of units for a strong side.

Multi meltas forward in cover, Dred on top of a building with good line of sight, rhinos a little back, vindicator forward infront of the dred.

Turn 1
- My oponent decided not to risk imobilising his trucks and moved around the terain to my left and moved up the flank. on the right side the battle wagons move forward and towards my left to close in on my right flank. Shooting killed 3 marines who pass thier moral check.

- My turn. The vindicator moves up, everything else stays still. Dred takes out a truck, Vindicator takes out most of the squad that falls out.

Score - Marines 2, Orks 1

Turn 2.
- My opponent continues in a similar move, closing on both my flanks.

- All my units stay still. The dred destroys the second truck and then the Vindicator smashes into the second squad of boys. two of my multi melta squads run towards objectives.

Score - Marines 2, Orks 1

Turn 3
- Again my opponent charges. Mega nobs move on to the objective on the far right near my table edge. The nobs move bellow the terain feature holding the objective near the center of the board.

- My rhinos finaly move, 1 to each of the objectives I dont control. The dred destroys the mega nobs battle wagon forcing them to pileout. The vindicator mops up one of the boys squads, marines move in for the kill.

Score - Marines 3, Orks 2

Turn 4
- The nobs move into terain, now hidden from line of sight. Mega nobs move in on their objective, Remaining boys do the same.

- My scouts finally come on. the appear on the right side and move around the cover to move in close to the Mega nobs objective but remain out of site. Tactical squad with Power weapon/Plasma sgt with the captain make it to the Boy's objective, disembark and mop them up. Dred stuns the battle wagon, Rhino imobilises itself on terain near my fire base, 3rd rhino pulls up 8 inches from the terain with the mega nobs.

Score Marins 4, Orks 1. Another strong win.

Turn 5
- Nobs fire big shooters and kill two of the marines from a multi melta squad making a break for thier objective, Meg nobs shoot and then massacare the scouts, They are now one inch away from the objective on the side facing my edge.

- I throw everything at the mega nobs, rhinos, vindicator moving 12 and firing the storm bolter, dred, tactical squad leaving the rhino to rapid fire. the mega nobs all take 1 wound, 1 of the 5 dies.

Score Marines 4, Orks 1
Game continues

Turn 6
- Mega nobs crush the tactical squad but lose 2 more to the sgt's power fist. Nobs pick off another of the marines moving towards thier objective, 2 remain.

- Focussed fire fails to wound the nobs or mega nobs

Score Marines 4, Orks 1
Game continues

- Orks pass No unit in range of assault with out leaving the remaining objective.

- Mega nobs go down. Finally. Game ends.

Result Marines 4, Orks 1


Thoughts
- My oponent deployed badly and lost the game through not focussing attacks. I was able to overwelm his troops near a cluster of objectives and get the win on turn 4. A 4-0 margin would have been nice but I'll take what I can get. And once again a game is won in the deployment phase.
- The drednought was amazing. Did its job and caused major problems for my opponent.


No comments:

Post a Comment