Friday, September 18, 2009

Guard Army Ideas for 1500

Well I have grudged long time guard player James form my local store to some guard on guard action when the league hits 1500. He is a veteran guard player who has had little luck against my marines in the past.

I am madly trying to throw everything I have together for this.
So far here is the list

HQ
Company Command Squad - Officer w/ Plasma Pistol and Chain Sword, Plasma Gunner, Medic, Regimental Standard, Vox Operator, Master of the Ordnance. - This is a defensive squad, which will try and hold the line, The plasma is there to scare off/minimize assaults. The master of the ordnance, Vox and standard are the key to my defense.

Lord Commissar - Plasma Pistol, Power Fist - This was just something I kit Bashed that looked awesome. After seeing a one in action I new he would be perfect for my advancing squads. I know I broke a cardinal rule by putting a plasma pistol on him but it just looked so good.

Troops
Veteran Squad - 3 x Snipers, 1 Auto Cannon - This is a HQ/MC killer. I don't expect it to do much more than fill the line.

2 x Veteran Squad - 3 Grenade Launchers, Las Cannon - This is a tank sniper, Grenade launchers are for defense/anti Horde. These 2 will fill my defensive strong point with the snipers and command Squad.

Veteran Squad - Sgt w/ Power fist and Shot Gun, 3 Grenade Launchers, Missile Launcher, Grenadiers, Demolitions - This squad will foot slog behind the chimera, tank and sentinels. Its a little strange to run the missile but its there for targets of opportunity.

Veteran Squad - Gunnery Sgt Harker, 2 Melta Guns, Heavy Flamer, 4 Shot guns, Heavy Bolter, Demolitions. - This is an objective clearer. Infiltrate, Blow something up, and die horribly or take an enemy objective and settle in.

Veteran Squad - sgt w/ power fist and shot gun, 2 Flamers, Heavy Flamer, 4 shot guns, Mortar, Demolitions, Chimera. - This is an objective clearer, Take an Objective, Settle in, defend. Mortar is there because I had 5 points left.

Fast Attack
2 x Armored Sentinel - Plasma Cannon - I feel this is still the best use of the armored sentinel, mid range infantry support. The template compensates for the BS 3 while making MEQ players wary of venturing into the open.

Heavy Support
Leman Rus Demolisher - Las Cannon - I'm hoping this is a solid defensive unit, Draw fire away from the troops and provide high power short range power.

All up this should be an entertaining game. I am relying on my infantry surviving long enough to reap havoc on my opponent. This is a questionable tactic. Given Time I would have liked another tank, probably a Vanquisher with Pask, 4 more sentinels and a devil dog but it is not to be at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment