Friday, September 18, 2009

League Gamer Round 3 VS Deamon Hunters

1000 Points
His list

Brother Captain
Retinue of Grey Knight Terminators
1 squads of Grey Knights
1 Squad of Storm Troopers w/ 2 melta guns
Dreadnought w/ heavy bolter
Land Raider Crusader

Mission = 3 objectives
Deployment = Dawn of war
Objectives
1. I placed the first objective in the center of the board in some ruins
2. My oponent then placed his at a 45 degrees from center and 12" from the central objective. in the open
3. I placed my similarly to form a right angled triangle with both short sides at 45 degrees the in terain

Deployment
I won the roll and let me opponent deploy, He placed his Captain and retinue near the central objective. He then placed his unit of Storm Troopers on the objective in his half and his grey knights on the left flank.

I deployed My captain with a sgt, plasma gunner and 3 bolt gunners on the left flank 13 inches from his Grey Knights to prevent a first turn charge. I then deployed the rest of that tactical squad (4 bolt guns and a heavy bolter) on the objective in my half.

Turn 1.
I sieze the initiative. Not something I would normally like but I went with it. I deployed my Razor back from the center of the table, The dreadnought to the left of it. I placed a multimelta and 4 bolter gunners in the razor back after forgetting it has no fire points. The sgt, flamer and 3 bolt gunners hid behind the dread.

I then moved the 2 devestator squads on just to the right of the center with a good line of site down through the center objective.

My captains squad move close to the left flank into terain to prevent an easy charge while still getting into rapid fire range.

The captains squad kill 3 Grey Knights, the razorback takes out a storm trooper, as does the heavy bolter squad, the dreadnought runs for the center 1 inch.

Oponents turn 1
My opponent move on his land raider on the left flank, and his dreadnought in the center.
The captain lost 2 of his marines to assault cannon fire. Everything else failed night fighting tests

My Turn 2
I moved my dreadnought, razor back and flamer squad towards the center, I then moved my captains squad towards the Grey Knights.

My devastators opened up on the Brother Captain and his terminators reaping a heavy toll killing the Captain and 3 of the 5 terminators, One plasma cannon overheating and killing its operator in the process. The dreadnought failed to hit the remnants with it multi-melta and it was ruled that the storm bolter did not have LOS.
The razor back and heavy bolter killed another 2 storm troopers.
My captains squad rapid fired and killed another 3 grey nights leaving 5.

Opponent Turn 2
This was payback time. The land raider moved 6 and opened up on the captains squad with a twin linked assault cannon, Multi Melta, 2 hurricane bolters and a storm bolter, killing my 3 bolt gunners. The Grey Knights and storm troopers then killed the Sgt and plasma gunner.

My Turn 3
With my captain in the open I decided to charge the grey nights, my dreadnought, razor back and flamer squad finish the terminators with the flamer squad taking the center objective, The devastators fire on the Dread and only shake it. My heavy bolter squad takes the storm troopers down to 2 men each with melta's

My captain charged the grey nights killing 3 with is relic blade and surviving the return without taking a wound.

Opponent Turn 3
My oponent brings is land raider forward down left flank, His dreadnought charges towards the combat taking place.

My captain slays the remaining 2 grey knights and consolidates towards the Dreadnought.

My Turn 4
I move by razor back in towards the combat taking place near the objective in my opponents half I leave the squad in the transport in case the dread kills my captain. I move my dread towards the combat but am hampered by a run move. My devastators move towards the center looking for better LOS. My heavy bolter squad kills 1 more storm trooper, at this point they fail moral and run.
My Captain assaults the Dreadnought the fail to hurt each other.

Opponents turn 4
My opponent now only having a land raider he fires on my dreadnought landing 2 rending hits on with its assault cannon, only shaking it. The dread and captain fail to hurt each other

My Turn 5
I forget to move my Multmelta squad out of their transport. My dread rolls badly and fails to make it into the combat. My dreadnought misses the land raider with its multi melta. It assaults destroying the land raider. The captain and dreadnought once again fail to hurt each other
the game procedes to turn 6

Turn 6
My dreadnought misses the land raider with its multi melta. It assaults destroying the land raider.
The game goes to turn 7.

Turn 7
More bad rolls, my Dreadnought falls just short of combat, My captain finally succumbs to the claw of my opponents dreadnought.
Rather than move the dreadnought to contest an objective he instead charges my dreadnought with his resulting in his being wrecked and mine exploding. Resulting in a wipe out.
Game over
Composition Score 6/10
Battle Points 30/30
Total 36

____
Aftermath. This now brings into question the Gumby rule. The highest placed player who has not had a "Gumby" game plays store employee, league runner and one of the top 10 in Australia and New Zealand on Battle points Damien Carter. After my win I will most likely be playing him.

I will be taking my MOAB list for the next 2 weeks so this will be interesting. I have also booked in a 1500 point game with Guard Guru James to test out my Guard army in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment