Thursday, September 17, 2009

League List for This week. Scrapped yesterdays already

For the last week I have been watching Band of Bothers on my train rides too and from work and have been resisting the temptation to go back to a marine gun line. Ideally I would have liked guard but unfortunately they are still unassembled.

I started thinking of an infantry gun line and how marines would do this with minimal armor and it seemed perfect for 1000 points

First up I went for a captian, generally in this kind of list I would go for a plasma pistol and power weapon, The next thing was 2 tactical squads. This left me with over 600 points left. My natural choice for a gun line is a devastator squad but after looking at the points I decided on 2 5 man Dev teams with 4 of the cheap weapons (15 pointers) . Basic Armour I went with a dreadnought and a razor back which fitted the theme

All up I still had 85 points left. The temptation with there to go for a predator or whirlmind but I decided to boost my troops instead. Up grading the Captain to a Relic Blade and Storm Shield for a close combat monster, giving a tactical squad a plasma gun and giving the dev squads more better weapons for a more focussed approach in the end I came up with

HQ
Captain - Relic Blade, Storm Shield - A close combat Monster, hard to kill and deadly.

Troops
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Multi Melta - a nice Close range squad for objective Clearing

Razor Back - I'm finding the twin linked heavy bolters great in lower points. 3 shots, 36" range, ap 4, str 5

Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter - This was inspired by Band Of Brothers, A high powered rifle and machine gun in an infantry squad. Plus at this point level the plasma gun will be taking out light vehicles and infantry

Elites
Dreadnought - This is more inspired be "Starship Troopers - The Rough neck Chronicles" I like using my dreads for infantry support.

Heavy Support
Devastator Squad - 5 Man - 2 Missile Launchers, 2 Las Cannons - this is a dedicated anti tank squad. With no meat shields they will be relying on quick kills of enemy armor and distance to stay alive. I'm hoping they draw enough fire to keep my tactical squads alive.

Devastator Squad - 5 Man - 2 Heavy Bolters, 2 Plasma Cannons - This is my anti infantry squad. The marine equivalent of mortars and machine guns. They can even take out light armour if needed.
____________
In general the army is more about attrition warfare, specifically trench warfare. Take out enough of the enemy from range that you can charge over the top and take them out. I'm hoping the devastator squads will be perfect for this. LOS is my only problem, I can't shoot what I can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment