Thursday, September 24, 2009

League List 1250 - Moab Test

Another week, another league game. At MOAB a friend of mine for the Orange War Gaming club Grudged me for MOAB. This means I will be facing Nid Zilla in the first round.

At first I wanted to change my list to give my self a better chance knowing the player and the list would be hard to beat. Ideally I would play something like

Captain - Relic Blade, Storm Shiled
Scouts - 10 man, 9 snipers, heavy bolter
Scouts - 10 man, 9 snipers, heavy bolter
Dreadnought - 2x twin linked Auto Cannons
Sterngaurd - 10 man, Heavy flamer
Thunder Fire Cannon
Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolters

But the list I have prepared is

HQ
Librarian - Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Gate of Infinity, Avenger - This is still the biggest bang for buck. The power to incinerate an entire squad and then get the hell out of there. It can force you oponent to divert from the main attack to deal with a small potent force.

Troops
Tactical Squad - Sgt w/ Combi Plasma, Plasma Gun, Multi Melta, Drop Pod - This is my distraction, Combo'd with the librarian they should reap some chaos in the enemy lines, The plasma can take out a tank or damage a key squad, If it gets a second turn the multi melta in their ranks should do well

Tactical Squad - Flamer, Multi Melta, Rhino - This is an objective grabber, pure and simple.

Tactical Squad - Flamer, Missile Launcher - Can't argue with a classic. Its a flexible unit mainly for defence.

Scouts - 5 x snipers - This unit has always been hit and miss but overall they make their points back. Either infiltrate and pepper the enemy or out flank and go for a late objective grab or Krak grenade attack on some armor.

ELITES

Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer - I call this the Ork Slayer. Time to earn its name, This is the first dread I ever built. Is a plasma cannon better than an assault cannon? Definitely. However I'm hoping it helps against the nids.

Dreadnought - Twin Linked Las Cannon - I took the missiles off to save points. Hope it still works.

Heavy Support

Thunder Fire Cannon - I love this model. I ran it a while back when I first got it and wasn't impressed. I brought it back out for a friendly between leagues and was blown away. The first turn it took out 7 marines. It ripped the enemy infantry to shreds. Turn 3 it landed 15 str 6 hits on a legion of the damned squad killing 4. It will be interesting to see how it does in a tournment.

Vindicator - The best value for money in the codex. It takes out tanks, Bikers and anything else.

Battle report Tommorow



No comments:

Post a Comment