Friday, September 25, 2009

League Results

Well my fears were realized. at the start of the league the TO decreed
"He who is winning the comp, plays the TO, unless they already have"

This week it was me. I would be playing Damien Carter. Ranked 5th in Australia and New Zealand out of 1200 players for battle points. A player of Nids, Eldar, Choas and able to play and win with just about any army.

Knowing I have a Nid battle first up at MOAB I requested Nids.

We rolled off. Spear head, Kill Points. Oh dear. This was probably the worst outcome for me.

His list
2 Hive Tyrants w/ 2 guards each.
2 Carnifex's
3 Zoanthropes
2 large squads of gaunts
1 squad of gene steelers

I have little close combat apart from my dreads, Oh dear.

My plan was simple, Focus fire on the Tyrants, get rid of synaps, tank shock, shoot, go for moral fails.

My oponnent went first, Nid Rush. I formed up in the back corner hoping to unload enough fire power to slow them down. That was not the case.

Although I did take down both tyrants, it was to little to late.

The rest of the gave revolved around a growing number of combats with marines over run by turn 3.

Result.
Loss: 3 kill points to 10
Composition: 7/10
Battle: 0

I was starting to miss my stern guard and Captain w. relic blade and storm shield. I might need to include them in the coastal assault army. Depending on how next weekend goes.

Next week - MOAB list vs Drop Pod, Legion of the Damned Marines
Week After - Guard on Guard Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment