Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spring League, Week 2, List

Here are the rules, I've had them in my head but this is my first post.

As this is a growing league, one that starts at 400 points and works towards 2000 I will be trying to build a list organically. Meaning Once I pick a unit, I can not take it out or down grade it. I may only modify it by adding upgrades of a greater or equal cost.

I will play this list in all except 3 conditions
1. I am practicing for a tournament
2. If the same limit is used 2 weeks in a row I will try to run Guard
3. The organic list becomes unworkable. If I score 2 consecutive losses I can replace 50% of the list.

Here is a recap of the 400 point list from last week.

Librarian - Gate of Infinity, Avenger
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Missile Launcher
Razor Back
Land Speeder Typhoon - heavy bolter

This weeks limit is 750 giving me 350 to work with.

First thing I need is another troop choice. I am tempted to keep this small as I can built on it later, A scout squad wont cut it so its another Tactical Squad (10 Man) for 170
180 left

Next is some hoard killing power. A vindicator is versatile and cheep, but results in a comp hit. A thunder fire is less versatile but cheaper plus its advantages in range make it a better choice at this stage, 100 Points (80 Left)

80 points is hard for marines. In this case I'm going to go for 5 sniper scouts. I'll use the last 5 points to give my new tactical squad a melta gun and multi Melta

The List
HQ
Librarian - Gate of Infinity, Avenger

Troops
Tactical Squad - Flamer, Missile Launcher
Razor Back
Tactical Squad - Melta, Multi Melta
Scouts - 5 x Snipers

Fast Attack
Land Speeder Typhoon - Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support
Thunder Fire Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment