Monday, September 28, 2009

MOAB List Thoughts, Moving to Costal Assault

So far I'm a little disappointed in my army. Though against the army and the player I faced last week I think i did OK.

I've been kicking around a few ideas. The 2 units I missed were my Stern Guard that I took to lords of Tera (Power fist, 2 x Combi Melta's, Melta gun, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) and my Captain with a Relic Blade and Storm shield.

So far I have not been thrilled with my scouts, Thunder Fire or Dreadnought with assault cannon and heavy flamer. Its hard sometimes when a unit performs unusually well or unusually badly over a game or games to judge its true effectiveness.

The dread doesn't have the range I need and I would have probably been better off taking one with a pair of twin linked auto cannons. The scouts are a liability in kill point missions and don't have the accuracy to compensate for their small numbers. The thunder fire is hit and miss. A good Marine or Eldar player can avoid it, It should do great things against guard and Orks, it just seems situational and lacking a little in flexibility.

At the Moment, Base on one game, but most likely to change I'll be running
1500 Points
Captain - Relic Blade, Storm Shield
Librarian - Gate Of Infinity, Avenger, Epistolary

Tactical Squad - Power Fist, Melta, Multi Melta
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter
Rhino
Tactical Squad - Power Fist, Flamer, Missile Launcher

Dreadnought - Twin Linked Las Cannon
Stern Guard - Power Fist, Heavy Flamer, 2 x Combi Melta, Melta Gun
Drop Pod - Locator Beacon

Vindicator

The idea is to drop the Stern Guard with the Captain, Gate a Tactical Squad to the drop pod with the librarian. Foot slog the other 2 Tac Squad, Las cannon dred for supporting fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment